Charlie & Lola Photo Opp
For Jenna’s Charlie & Lola themed birthday party, I created two (almost) life-sized panels of the characters that the children could stand behind and have their pictures taken “as” Charlie or Lola.
Here’s how I made the panels:
- I painted a 6′ x 4′ trifold presentation board (purchased at Hobby Lobby) to look like a wall background (dark brown “wood” floor and pink painted walls). The trifold format allowed the pictures to stand up on their own so that the children could stand behind them.
- In Photoshop, I sized images of the characters to scale to the presentation board (making Charlie about 3 1/3 ft tall and Lola 2 1/2 ft tall).
- Because I didn’t think I could get poster-sized images of the copyrighted characters professionally printed, I divided the images (in Photoshop) into smaller 8 x 10 images that I could print on my home printer.
- I cut out the pieces of the characters and reassembled them on the presentation board. I tried to divide the images in ways that would make the lines less obvious – I printed the arms on one page, Lola’s dress on another, etc. I glued the reassembled characters onto the painted panels.
- I used an exacto knife to cut out the faces (including the panel beneath), leaving large holes that the children could stick their heads into.