We’re going to Disneyworld for Jenna’s birthday this year, and while it seems like everyday will be a celebration of sorts, I’m also planning a special event for Jenna’s third birthday. Disney offers many options for adding birthday festivities to your vacation (see here and here), but I wanted something that was a bit more unique – and, more importantly, not princess themed. Jenna hasn’t yet become obsessed with pixies and princesses, and I’m going to maintain that while I can – though I realize this trip could be the turning point.
After much research, I decided to organize a private cruise for our family during the Epcot Illuminations fireworks display. J+J love fireworks, and the private boat will give us an opportunity to celebrate Jenna’s birthday away from the crowds that we’ll be enduring all week. The boat also provides a built-in theme that goes hand-in-hand with all of the nautical stripes showing up in spring fashions. So, I’ll be packing a few sailor hats, some stripey shirts, boat shoes, and, voila, a party theme that won’t clash with the safety orange life vests we’ll inevitably be wearing.
- Illuminations Cruise (Private cruises are available for the Magic Kingdom and Epcot fireworks displays. View more info about Disneyworld Resort specialty cruises.)
- Boys Nautical Hoodie from Hanna Anderssen
- Mickey Mouse Pin
- Child’s Sailor Cap
- Sperry Topsider Boat Shoes
- Striped Dress from Hanna Anderssen
- Keds Red Maryjanes
- Mickey Mouse Cake (Disney will create custom cakes for delivery to any resort restaurant or hotel. If you’re having a cake delivered to a boat, the options are more limited, so we’ll probably go with the standard Mickey Mouse cake. As an alternative, we could have a custom cake delivered to the hotel and carry it over.)
- Red Stripe Party Supplies
- Pepperidge Farms Fish
- Nautical Cake (If we went the more custom route, we would probably have something along the lines of this cake created, but with Mickey and Minnie, of course).
- Toy Telescopes and Compass.
- Custom Disneyworld Maps (You can create your own map of Disneyworld and each of the parks and Disney will send them to you for free).